Read this today
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/-seeking--thinspiration--part-2----%E2%80%9Cthinspo%E2%80%9D-girls-and-their-secret-cult-of-self-starvation-.html
And here I was thinking that some girls were gifted to be 'naturally' thin.
I have recently come to a conclusion that I am not eating right and I have willed myself to go for a healthier diet of oats, fruits, cereals. I have been cutting out rice totally for 5 days a week and only allowing myself to have it on the weekends. It is frustrating and sometimes I just want to give up but I tell myself slow and steady wins the race. Starving seems like a good choice as I am sure I will be losing weight VERY QUICKLY. But at the cost of malnutrition, do I have to be that skinny?
There seems to be a skinny person inside me waiting to burst free. I want to be slimmer and healthier. I have my objectives set. Losing weight is for my own self and my health as I am not getting younger as the days pass.
I am glad not to be obsessed with weight. And I surely feel sad for these young girls.
Peers and pressure to look good is slowly killing them. Food affects us in all ways. Everything in moderation.
Websites and personal blogs of this horrid trend must be banned.
The black hole of the world wide web constantly poses more situations for young girls to fall into. Not knowing whether it is right or good for them they blindly follow.
I will continue to cook and eat good healthy food and that being what my food blog is all about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment